Wednesday, June 16, 2010

20,5** Twitter updates

So i haven't blogged in eons but i'm here again pondering what to type *sigh* Thinking of blogging about my mild addiction to twitter or how i found love. I think i'll go for the 1st; the latter might stir up controversy so imma play it safe for now.

So i joined twitter reluctantly on the 26th of May, 2008 after getting numerous requests from a whole bunch of friends who were on the fastest growing cyber joint on the planet and my handle then was @skilodatwagbero. I probably tweeted 100 times in the whole of 2008 as i was busy with work and other stuff i can't remember. Facebook was the ish then as i hooked up with lost friends, family members and the likes...twitter looked uber-boring then compared to my dear facebook

2009, my activities on twitter increased after i was introduced to #tweetdeck by @nuelzgatgame the #rocaholic....that app immediately changed my attitude towards twitter as i could RT and follow all the stars i wanted with or without their consent. In a nutshell, i got a hang of twitter from there onwards. I think my tweet ratio increased to about 20/day.....i wasn't an addict then as i still had facebook to contend with.

Enter 2010, I got me a BB after enough convincing from a couple of friends and that was when my addiction to twitter began…..i downloaded the ubertwitter app as recommended by fellow twaddicts and kaboom!!! I couldn’t stop, I was hooked. My 6weeks tour of the North Eastern part of Nigeria didn’t help matters as I was bored most of the time but twitter was always there for me as I had something to tweet about at any given time.

I look at my update count and I see 20,530 updates and realized in this year alone I’ve tweeted at least 15,000 times *smh* Well it was worth it as I’ve acquired new twiends, twenemies, twams and all those other things I can’t think of right now. I even convinced some of my friends to join #youknowhoyouare

Twitter, my very own amebo central, never a dull moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment