Saturday, November 7, 2009

unemployment's a bitch!!!

At first it was fun staying at home watching movies and browsing the internet and puffing away cancer sticks all day. Now it's just plain annoying and tiring. Been in the labor market now for about 2 months and before you people start comparing me with people who've been out of a job for years well i ain't them and i know my worth.

What have i been doing all this while? Been sending my Resume to several companies, talking to family and friends to recommend me to several firms but to no avail. Luck kinda smiled on me recently (so i thought) when a flatmate of mine hooked me up with an interview with some engineering firm which i obliged all in the name of getting out of the house. Getting to the office armed with my Resume and totally psyched i was the man for the job, i was filled out some forms and was scheduled to meet with the CEO in a few minutes. After waiting for about 5mins i was asked to come in, presented my Resume and he was like you're an Engineer!!!! like duh....he started ranting about them not needing an engineer but someone who was good with computers and the Microsoft Office packages as well as developing proposals and out of desperation i said yes thinking it was a position of a business developer only to find out i was applying for the post of a SECRETARY...i mean a whole SKILLS = SECRETARY....kindly told them i wasn't doing again as they wanted me to start immediately. On the bright side i was told to come for another interview next week for the position of a site engineer...hope that goes well.

No comments:

Post a Comment