Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Busted.....THE SKILLA DIARIES VIII

Busted

Always knew this day will come, the day one of my parents will find out about my smoking habit. Well, my Mum just found a lighter in my suit and another in my pocket while trying to arrange my room who send her message!. There's no explanation i can give at all and i hate lying.  I've always been a good child, bar my nonchalant attitude to some things.....i mean i had good grades in primary and secondary school and did my best more like chipped and dubbed in Uni. I've done a few bad things which i got scolded for, but this will definitely crush her. 

Good thing i'm not in Lagos at the moment and God bless my sister for giving me a "heads up" before momsy sprung the question on me and i start stammering. Omo i for hear am that kind e-honda 100 handslap. I feel so bad right now cos she'll be disappointed in me. I should have just casted myself long ago liver no gree me. Na to face tongue lashing remain.

Specimen A
Been looking for excuses to give her, i mean she didn't catch me smoking, na ordinary lighter she find na!......believe me there are a million and one excuses i could drop + my followers on twitter came up with a whole bunch, but i guess i might just go with the truth surface truth alone without details. After all she no fit kill me.

Origin

I believe the first time i lit a cigarette was probably 10years ago, fresh outta secondary school, rolling with awon boys peer pressure is a binsh!. It wasn't serious then, was just something i did when i hung out with those fellas. Smoked occasionally in Uni, i can even count the number of times i did, bar my final year with the pressure from exams and final year project. 
Specimen B

Enter NYSC Camp, Kubwa, Abuja.....na then the real smoking start man can't cancel udeme without B&H. I turned into a chimney but i quit for a bit i don quit like 147 times yet i come back when i'm under pressure at work. To make matters worse, everyone in my department(IT) smokes and it was easy as my office was located at the back far away from HR. My colleagues and I shared ideas over several sticks of B&H as well as the VP Engineering whenever he comes for reports and delivery meetings. As if that's not bad enough, my new boss smokes in his office and he's ever willing to share with his employee.

It was easy to keep my smoking habits from the parents as i was far away in Abuja and also devised a way of coding it whenever i'm in Lagos, a bottle of CK does the trick.
I Know a lot of people mostly family don't know i light up Nigeria with fumes of nicotine that has no effect on our ozone layer and now you know cos you're reading this blog. I'm sorry if i disappointed u but hey IT'S MY LIFE *don't judge me*

Old habits die hard but this one has to die a quick death as i hope to quit within this week cos it's hurting everyone around me especially myself *health wise*. Time to find a new addiction maybe fornication and move on with my life.

Thanks for all the DMs, PINGS! and text messages advising me to quit and live a healthy life, i appreciate y'all and i'll try my best not to light a cig again beans. I pray i don't die of lung cancer and  pray i live long to see my grand kids.



Disclaimer
This post was put up in a rush and i repeat, i don't proof read shit, gbagaun all u can :p.

Advert
THE FEDERAL MINISTRY OF HEALTH WARNS THAT SMOKERS ARE LIABLE TO DIE YOUNG *Thank God my name ain't Smokers*

Have a great day and lay off the sticks.

3 comments:

  1. May God give u the strength to quit

    ReplyDelete
  2. when are you going to add fish

    ReplyDelete
  3. u should quit smoking apart from been a dirty habit its harmful to ur health, discolors the teeth and blacken the lips and its just not right. quitting may be difficult but if u r determined(and with prayers) trust me it wont be that hard. i'll be praying for u.

    ReplyDelete