Tuesday, September 7, 2010

State of affairs....THE SKILLA DIARIES I


WORK
Okay so i've been a freelance consultant for a few months long while.....it has its perks and all, the money is plenty but very irregular.....moved back to Lagos for a wee bit sef but i'm back in my very own SIN CITY thanks to the new job i just got *9-5 something* yuck. The Job Description is  huge but the pay ain't. Compensation i get is exposure to a new industry sector and experience. I pray and hope i kick ass, be the best at everything i do in this new office, so help me God.

Haven't had much to do, the boss is a cool dude *so far* we even have the same taste in music. Staff have been okay, no conflicts YET...bet they'll learn to accept me as their boss.

RELATIONSHIPS

If you've read my last set of posts, you should know the state of my relationship, she wants space can't help myself but give her all the space she wants. I sent her flowers and chocolates *dunno if she's gotten them.....doubt it sha*.

If she's mine, she'll be back in no time and if she ain't #OnToTheNextOne lon jebe.....difficult as it may seem, many have come, many have gone....i bet i'll survive but it's gonna be difficult....long and short i miss her *sigh*

Okay so i have a few ladies i've been eying by the side make i no lie but i doubt if i the balls to make it serious *no thanks to madam space*. The 1st one doesn't really have my time, the 2nd one i'm yet to fully figure out, 3rd is looking for something serious which i'm not ready for *u must crawl to walk, i no dey rush things*, the rest........let's just leave at this 3 for now cos dem plenty with my ashawo tendencies.

FRIENDS
God blessed me with the gift of making friends easily, that doesn't mean i make friends at every opportunity i get, don't wanna be attracting freaks *believe me i've met a few* . I wanna thank God for the friends he's given me. Most of my friends are scattered all over the world good thing there's  connectivity and mobile phones  so we still keep in touch.

Leaving Lagos was a bit hard for me as i've gotten used to hanging out with my peeps every weekend. i miss Fagbo tryna stop me from smoking by always pouring alcohol in my cigarette packs, Abudu and Jibola giving me advise not as if i take them, Segun flaring up for the silliest reasons, Obinna being an ass, Efun, Tobe not taking advise, Akinla for always disappearing, sharing cigarettes with Washpam, underG waka(s) with Jiboye, watching Channel 0 @ Bala's, Koko Lounging, Twitter hookups, stealing Kachi's modem and not returning it on time, Flirting with Ronike which never leads to anything, GET Arena karting with the boys, Pizza @ Debonaires afterwards..........the list of things i miss in Gidi is endless.

For my Gidi friends imma quote  Susan P. Schultz "Good friends must not always be together; It is the feeling of oneness when distant that proves a lasting friendship".

I'll be back in no time to share the good times with y'all


I still have friends in Abuja i'm returning to, gotta have to live with Abdul's TurnKey Project *inside joke*, Hassan the cripple *LMAO*, Bolaji and his controls, club hopping with Akin and Deji, Tare dragging me to church, swimming on Saturdays, BYOB on thursadays and many more i can't remember right now

Me and my Abuja fam 

Standard Bastard and Bestie


Beering Diaries with Bala

Kigali Blues



















i've also made new friends via twitter, i doubt if i wanna start mentioning them, they rock even though some of them are 2-faced bastards, i can live with that  though i mean what's life without having enemies.

What annoys me about peeps on twitter is they call you by your handle whenever they see you...they be like yo! @sheriphskills is that you? me: #AbijaShrug.  Some eediots even think my real name is Abija...like WTF!.


I still love all my followers all the same, they stand by me even when i clog their timelines with a whole lotta bullshit. Big Shout out to all 900+ followers, i love y'all



Got loads of pictures i would have put up but i'm just being lazy.
I LOVE my FRIENDS to death cos they got my back the same way i got theirs.

That's all for now, got work to do

P.S.
If i didn't mention u in this post, don't mean i don't acknowledge you #okbye!

2 comments:

  1. Nice blog you've got here Skills and thanks for pointing me to it. This is a personal blog in the real sense of the word. And yeah, Welcome back to Abuja and Congratulations on your new job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow thanks.....more like a diary tho

    ReplyDelete